Saturday, August 16, 2008

Oh yeah, I was writing a blog...

Saturday, August 16.  Hi everyone!  You probably though I had dropped off the face of the earth, but no, I am here.  I have been VERY busy.  Since we last talked, much has happened, and all is great!  I am doing more and more to get ready for B school, and have registered for two classes, Accounting 501 and a Real Estate class taught by one of the partners of the commercial building downtown we almost bought!  Crazy.  I have also been very busy with teaching and trying to get the most out of the rest of the summer.  Collecting acorns for the winter, if you will.  And maybe most of all caught up in getting ready to close on our first income property!  We have decided to purchase a student rental home, and it is a good one in a good location.  We are all very excited and close on Monday!  So much of my time has been spent getting all the details taken care of.  A special thanks to Mom and Dad for helping out financially to get us started.  We couldn't do it without you guys!  The process has taught me a lot, and I've met a lot of new people and made many contacts that should be useful in the future.  I've also been working some (much less, but some) on Gabaan.  Right now, I'm stuck because I can't find a source for good fabric.  The New York Fabric show didn't really do it, so I'm regrouping and trying to find other ways to make it happen.  This may mean a trip to China in the fall.  When I found out that manufacturing would take a couple of months anyway, I knew that I wouldn't be in time for the summer season for 08, so now I get ready to have product ready for spring 09.  It will happen though!

I've also decided that this is my second to last entry for this blog.  While the blog has turned into something different than what I expected in some ways, I think it did do its job.  It played a part in showing me how to look at life differently.  It gave me perspective, and showed me how to have gratitude and appreciation for my amazing life.  It showed me how to be positive, always and without fail.  It showed me how to live in the moment.  I'm not sure if I truly did 180 new things, but who cares, really.  I am a different, stronger, more engaged with life, happier person than when I started 7 months ago.  Thanks to all who read and posted comments and thanks to all in general who gave me love and support the whole time.  I've never been happier (or busier) with who I am and the things that I'm doing.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

The good news is that the last posting will be the announcement of a new blog, not one of new experiences, but one that just lets me write about whatever.  I haven't decided on a name, or what exactly I'll do, but when I do, I'll make the final post for this blog and tell you where to go for the new one.  Until then, friends!

4 comments:

Vyolet said...

I'm happy to hear you'll be sticking with blogging. It can be fun but a LOT of hard work.
I'll be keeping an eye out for your new blog.
:)
Vy

Vyolet said...

I don't know if you ever check in on your blog but I was wondering how you are.
Vyolet

Vyolet said...

Just me... again. :)
How are you?

Tom said...

I'm here! How sweet of you! How are you? I sent an email to you, but since I'm not sure you'll receive it, I thought I'd say hello! I can't wait to hear back from you...:)