Sunday, July 27, 2008

Being happy when I would normally be angry

Sunday, July 27.  Hey all!  I hope you are all doing well, I am doing great!  Another big day of teaching today, but I had a beautiful day to do it.  Lots of nice people and a couple of new students too.  It's always great to meet new students and start a new relationship with folks.

After work, I drove over to Grizzly Peak, the restaurant Tom and I visited last night for dinner.  I knew I forgot my sunglasses there last night so went to see if they were still there.  Interestingly, they were no where to be found.  I'm not one who forgets too much, so I know that's the last place I had them, and I know I placed them on the bar as we ate.  I won't assume that someone took them, but until I discover that I misplaced them elsewhere, I kinda have to think that someone took them.  Interestingly, though, instead of being mad at the jerk who decided to take them (which I was for a moment), I decided to wish the person who did take them (if they did) enjoyment with the glasses.  If they took them and I can't wear them, they might as well enjoy them, right?  Nothing to be done now.  Feels different, and feels peaceful and grateful.  I enjoyed them while I had them, I might still find them, and if I don't I can always buy another pair, right?  No worries, no problems.  Flowing through life like water feels pretty darn good.  No resistance, almost total acceptance.  Hmm.  Pretty good stuff, I think!

I hope you all have great days or nights wherever you are.  Smile, laugh, and enjoy.  I will talk to you all tomorrow.  Ta ta till then!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tom,

You know what? That's exactly how I think when I lost something. It's unfortunate for me but it fortunate for the one who found it. So..wish you'll be happy with it. With the good thinking, sometimes things you've lost, you'll find or it will be returned...believe it or not !

Take care...