Thursday, July 24, 2008

Setting up inspections

Thursday, July 24.  Hi all!  How are  you?  I hope great.  I'm doing great, tired and feeling like life doesn't have enough hours in it, but great!  Today I taught 9 lessons, 9 straight hours.  In between lessons, I have 10 minutes, which usually ends up being about 5 minutes.  So in my 8 different 5 minute breaks, I managed to talk to Paula, Julie, Chad, Susan our realtor, 3 different contractors, Scott, Basil, and who knows who else!

My new experience for today was to set up two appointments for contractors to come out and give estimates for the property we're looking to buy.  One is for the foundation and basement walls, and the other is for the furnace.  Both are areas of concern and short-term future expenses and we have to get an idea of how that impacts our potential investment.  We'll see what they say and how much it'll cost, and go from there.  Nothing needs to be done immediately, but probably all needs to be done within 5-7 years.  That'll affect cash flow, but as long as it doesn't make us cash flow negative, we'll be ok.  We will see.

I love you all, and thank you for all the support.  Tomorrow is my day off, but I have plenty to do but will also have some free time to hopefully have some fun.  Have fun yourselves, enjoy, and I'll check in again tomorrow!

No comments: