Sunday, July 20, 2008

Six days of stuff!

Tuesday, July 15th to Sunday, July 20th.  Wow, what a long time it's been since I wrote!  But I will catch up right now with a six day entry.  Luckily for me, there's plenty of new experiences to talk about.  How are you all?  I hope great.  I am doing fantastic!  Life is good and things are great!  Without further ado, my new experiences (in a bullet format, which in and of itself is a new experience!):
  • Receiving admittance into the Ross School of Business MBA program at the University of Michigan.  On my birthday no less!
  • Seeing "August: Osage County," a Pulitzer winning Broadway play that was very funny and entertaining
  • Getting on the New York Subway system (and getting lost)
  • Being on the set (in the special director's chairs with the earphones like big shots) of a major television drama/thriller, "Damages," starring Glenn Close and many other Academy Award winning actors.  The show was created, written, and produced by my best high school friend Glenn, his brother Todd, and their buddy Daniel.
  • Meeting and enjoying time spent with one of Julian's friends, Savannah
  • Being offered a trade...golf lessons for two first class plane tickets to Thailand!
  • Having NO ONE show up for a FREE Junior Golf Clinic on Saturday.  No one!
  • Getting to the airport late and not only making the flight but having our bags make it too!  Imagine that!
  • Making a New Yorker's walk...from about 12th street all the way up to 40th street on our last evening there.  All New Yorkers say "oh, it's just a few blocks" and that usually means fifteen or more.
So there you have it folks, lots of new experiences for you.  It has truly been a great week for me, and I am thankful and humbled by how great things are right now.  I will keep my thoughts and energy positive, create the life I want with my thoughts and actions, and keep on moving forward.  Thanks for all the love and support, I love you all!  Enjoy, smile, and laugh!  Until we speak again, my friends.

No comments: