Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Selling insurance, mortages, and financial services

Wednesday, July 23.  Hi all!  How are you?  Great I know, and if not, get great!  I am fantastic.  Tired, but a good tired from another day full of things to do and opportunities pursued.  I taught most of the day, but during the day had a chance to get some things done.  I found a university resource that will post my home for rent to those associated with the university looking for houses to rent.  I am going to guess that all visiting scholars, who are not interested in buying but looking for a convenient resource for finding rentals will use this resource.  So I signed up for that and that will undoubtedly get me hooked up with a long term tenant who has the resources to rent my home for what I'm asking.  My couple who was interested in renting ended up not going with it.  Get this, they wanted to rent month to month but were interested in paying $1,800 a month, not $2,100 a month.  That's just not the way it works.  If you go short term, you pay more, and if you pay long term, you pay less.  Weird.  But I almost immediately got another email of a couple who are very interested in renting the place, and they are going to come see the place later this week.  Just a matter of time.  I am patient.

I also made the appropriate calls to the contractors to get estimates on all the repairs that the investment property will need.  This will give us an idea of what our costs will be over the next 5 to 7 years of owning the property.  Capital improvements are a necessary component of owning rental properties, and we're figuring out ways to make it work.  Just a matter of time there too.  I am patient.

My new experience of the day was to sign up to sell insurance, mortgages,and financial services through Primerica, a wholly owned subsidiary of Citi.  It is a commission based independent contractor opportunity to make some money, and shows lots of potential.  My experience in my last cold calling venture will help me succeed in this one.  I'm very excited about it.  I will begin my training soon and then take a state test to get licensed to sell these products and get my business going.  Just another source of income.  Fun and exciting.

It's all just a matter of time.  I fully trust life, and it's all already happening for me as I write.  It's invigorating to know that all the dreams are and will come true.  It's happening everyone, and there is such certainty and belief that nothing but total success will be the outcome.  I feel strong, powerful, and ready to do it all!  

I hope you are all well and will talk to you tomorrow.  Keep on enjoying life, keep on smiling, and keep on reading!  Until then, my friends.

No comments: