Friday, July 25, 2008

The Mazurs

Friday, July 25.  Hello!!!  How are y'all?  I'm doing great and had a fantastic day off.  I started out by showing my house to a nice couple.  Don't know if they're interested, but we'll see.  I also got the earnest money check for the income property we're looking at to the realtor's office, and got some nice contacts to further investigate the soundness of the property and investment.  So now for next week I've got a builder, a landscaper, and two furnace guys to check out the place.  We should know by the end of the week what's what.  I also managed to run some errands and find another resource for advertising my place, the UM landlord listing service.  This would seem to be a great resource for visiting scholars and grad students to get to view my place, especially those long term lease agreements.  All this and I managed to spend a few hours with Paula before she left for South Bend, Indiana to teach modeling.  That's a nice gig for her that'll eventually pay her $550 for every two days work.  Pretty good!

My new experience for the day was to have dinner with Bob, Kim, and Bobby Mazur.  The asked me to eat with them at the club after I played 18 holes with Bobby and 9 with Bob.  It was good to see Bobby play and I gave him some advice on how he might perform better in tournaments.  He's getting there.  He just has to play more tournaments and get more relaxed.  Sometimes, he loses his head and has brain farts, but so do I on the golf course.  I played quite well today actually and shot 77, with a bogey-double bogey finish.  Quite happy.

Anyway, I hope you are all well and enjoying.  I am off to relax a little before bed, as I have a big 8 hour day of teaching tomorrow.  I will check in again tomorrow!  Thank you for all the love and support.  I am grateful and humbled!  Bye!

No comments: