Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A building inspection

Monday, July 21.  Hi everyone!  How are you?  I hope well, I am doing great!  Today was my day off, but a very busy one.  I had lots to do, many errands.  I showed my house to another couple, did lots of phone call stuff to take care of things that needed to be taken care of, from talking to Blue Cross Blue Shield, the MBA program about computers and financial aid, getting in touch with my attorney Basil and finalizing the operating agreement, talking to the bank, and fixing my current computer.  Busy but great!

My new experience from the day was to attend a building inspection for the property we are looking to buy.  The inspector, Craig, was very nice and very professional.  For $330, they do a very thorough and complete inspection.  We may have found problems with the building and have to see if they will affect our decision on the property.  But no decision has been made and we will see what happens!  In any case, I learned a lot about the structures of homes and all the information will be of great assistance to me as I look at future homes, even if this one doesn't work out.  I learned about grading and drainage and Orange burg tile drains and insulation and crawl spaces and ventilation and furnaces and plumbing and electrical systems.  Invaluable really in achieving my real estate goals.

Time to go to bed now, tomorrow will be a busy golf day.  I feel blessed to have a full schedule this week and it will be nice to meet up with all of my students, new and old.  And it won't hurt the checkbook either.  I hope you all smile and enjoy life and have fantastic days or nights!  I will surely have a great day tomorrow and tell you all about it then!  Goodnight and we'll talk soon!

No comments: